AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Search Organic Positions Increase Google AdWords CTR?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear AdWords Community,

I read that having high organic position for keywords will increase CTR rate on Google Paid results.

For example: "Example Keyword" is in top 3 positions organically and within top 3 spots on Paid Search

Can you please confirm if this is true or not?

Thanks,

Glen

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Search Organic Positions Increase Google AdWords CTR?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Glen,
there is no such relation between the two with respect to CTR.
Any user through organic click will contribute in organic CTR and user through paid ads with do Paid CTR only.

Though if your business gets highlighted in paid as well as organic result for the same keywords, your business will get more exposure to the users and hence more chances of clicks.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Google Search Organic Positions Increase Google AdWords CTR?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Glen,

Technically nobody can actually claim that what you are saying. But Google has been doing the research around search ads and organic results impacts; as if how the impact could be.

I can point you towards this link which you can read about and explains what survey has been done in the past, if the advertiser happens to pause the search ads; what could be the impact:- https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/collections/search-ads-pause-studies.html

My 2 cents!

Pankaj