2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ratings outside of Adwords...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone reassure me that even though one is on Adwords one's site is still crawled by Google's spiders and will achieve ranking independant of Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Ratings outside of Adwords...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ya adword is the paid platform and Organic serach is free so spiders crawl for ever wesite for ranking no matter it is on adword or not

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello

Simple answer: Yes;

AdWords and Organic search are two independent systems unrelated to each other. The ranking that you achieve on organic search is unrelated to AdWords and vice-versa.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The ranking that you achieve on organic search is unrelated to AdWords and vice-versa.

Although this is correct in most cases, these days - after G+ was introduced - interactions with ads may actually effect organic rankings.

When your ad is +1'd, Google notes its final landing page URL. When the same URL appears in an organic search listing, the organic listing will include the same annotations as would an ad.

The amount of +1's (whatever their source -- organic search, ads, or +1 buttons on publisher sites) is a signal that affects organic search ranking

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472737

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@David;

Well... I probably should have used "regardless of"...(instead of "unrelated")

The question was :"(Is) AdWords one's site is still crawled by Google's spiders and will achieve ranking independent of AdWords"

The site is crawled, and ranked regardless, if you advertise on Google or not.

If the question was about the parameters used for ranking, and the weights of each parameter - that's a different topic. Likewise, it can be said that Analytics data is used by Google to rank a site... (Which could be true, if one used Analytics, but it is not mandatory to use Analytics to be ranked on organic)

Moreover , it should be re-iterated that Ad Rank and QS are not affected by organic, and this, I think, was the intent of the original question.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes you´re completely right Moshe, and I didn´t mean to be pernickety, by I think it´s a tremendous change that has been introduced to this relation (organic/ads), although it´s practical effect is not yet that big

/ david