AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google+ Page Review stars in ad extension (NOT product reviews)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a local/business G+ page that has eleven 5 star reviews. I'd like to showcase that in my ad but I can't figure out how to do it. All I can find online is how to add product reviews which is not what I want.

I have tried adding a local extension, attaching my G+ page to my adwords account. But all it seems to do is add "see this on a map" hyperlink below my advertisement.

I've attached a photo. The bottom ad is what I am trying to replicate.

Thanks!

ads.jpg

Re: Google+ Page Review stars in ad extension (NOT product reviews)

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there,

Until I saw the below image example, I was about to launch in to a post telling you that you need at least 30 reviews on a trustworthy site such a trustpilot... but with your example having only 13 google reviews then I seem to be wrong. I am based in the UK, so maybe it's different in North America. 

The one thing I can tell you, regardless of how many positive reviews you have and on what site (Google + or TrustPilot), is that there is no setting within AdWords to 'set it up'. 

As I understand it, this is something Google automatically detects and attributes to ads with high enough Quality Scores (no defined amount, just ads that it seems to generally be the best of the bunch). It 'detects' whether or not you get the stars by scanning trustworthy review sites (such as G+ profiles, TrustPilot, and other review sites) and matches up the domain associated with the review on the site in tandem with the domain in the PPC ad.

Does that make sense? 

So, the net result of all that for you, is:

1. Make sure your ads are top quality

2. Don't worry about pressing a certain button within adwords; Google will detect and attribute the stars eventually if you have enough good reviews on trustworthy sites

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey thanks for the response.

Ok I understand that you can't 'set it up'. But is it part of the location extension?

So I can add a location extension, it might not necessarily give me stars. But in order to GET stars, I would HAVE to have location extension enabled?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
You are welcome. Nope it has nothing to do with location extension or any other extension. Hope that helps?
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok but let's say I didn't want stars to show up... It seems weird to me that google would just start showing them without me 'enabling' any feature or allowing me to test etc..

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
If you really didn't want the stars to show up (not sure why) you could probably do a workaround my deleting your company profile on the review site it is pulling the reviews in from, or setting the reviews to private or something. If that didn't work and you were really hellbent on doing it still you could post negative reviews on your own company so that you don't get stars!
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I just find it really strange that Google, which gives you so much control on everything, would randomly add a snippet to your advertisement instead of allowing you to opt in somehow

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni
Indeed. One could say the same for devices within enhanced campaigns, too ;-)
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni
And, if I may add one final philosophical thought on the matter, Google allows you to control what it wants you to control, and gives you just enough power to feel that you are in control, when in essence, you don't even fully understand or know what you are controlling.

If they don't keep us guessing and experimenting, by feeding us just the right amount of information at the right times, it would just be no fun at all!
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Greetings, I'm wanting to find out if you ever found an answer to your question? I've been searching high and low to do the exact same thing, but can't find an answer. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!