AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business vs Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am curious how veterinary practices located well away from a suburb (Gordon, NSW, Australia) and paying for Google Ad words, can rank higher than the practice's Google My Business listing.  References are: Computer Google Search (2nd listing with search on computer) and Google Search on iphone (4th listing with search on computer).  Interestingly, the first listed practice on both searches is some 9 h away by car.

What would you suggest a better approach would be to rank higher when the search is "gordon vet"?

I look forward to your reply,

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google My Business vs Google Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Those are different system with different ranking algorithms. Totally independent. The only link is the submitting  the business location details and operating hours to AdWords (for local extension) through GMB platform. The ranking  algorithms are separated

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’