AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant Center and Campaigns on limited budget

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Google Community,

Last time I posted a question; it was answered quickly, so I decided to come back!

I have two very different questions:

1.) I have several clients who have e-commerce websites. Google Merchant Center allows for Product listing as advertising. Have other advertisers found this profitable or do you stick with PPC bidding? If it is profitable, possibly tell me your experience.

2.) I work with clients who have limited budgets. Let's say I want to focus on 5 products that a company has. That is 5 campaigns; let's assume their monthly budget is $500. That is $100 per campaign. Possibly down to $3.33 per day. That is a real limited and depleted budget (Am I correct on this)? I do understand it varies depending on day, location, and industry. So TWO questions, Am I correct on this being a depleted budget and What are other alternatives to this?

Thanks so much.

Best Regards,

Cole Lusby

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cole L
September 2015

Re: Google Merchant Center and Campaigns on limited budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cole,

As far as your first question is concerned, I must say that implementing text ads and PLAs is surely a win-win situation when you talk about Google Adwords. It gives immense exposure in terms of placement of your ad. Try and imagine that a user is searching and finds your ad along with a PLA ad, it will give him extra confidence of clicking on either of an ad and reaching your site. Rest is the magic of your site i.e. how potential it is to convert a user into a customer. Also, Google posted an informative post about a winning combination of text ad and PLA last month. You can read the details here:

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/11/text-ads-and-plas-winning-combination.html

About your second question, as far as I can understand, there is a definite chance of budget limitations when you your client has a restricted budget like the way you mentioned above. But the alternatives of low budget would be to experiment with Google Display Network, Remarketing campaign where you might have to spend a low amount as compared to direct competition in terms of Google Search Network.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cole L
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cole,

As far as your first question is concerned, I must say that implementing text ads and PLAs is surely a win-win situation when you talk about Google Adwords. It gives immense exposure in terms of placement of your ad. Try and imagine that a user is searching and finds your ad along with a PLA ad, it will give him extra confidence of clicking on either of an ad and reaching your site. Rest is the magic of your site i.e. how potential it is to convert a user into a customer. Also, Google posted an informative post about a winning combination of text ad and PLA last month. You can read the details here:

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/11/text-ads-and-plas-winning-combination.html

About your second question, as far as I can understand, there is a definite chance of budget limitations when you your client has a restricted budget like the way you mentioned above. But the alternatives of low budget would be to experiment with Google Display Network, Remarketing campaign where you might have to spend a low amount as compared to direct competition in terms of Google Search Network.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

As Per My experience PLA Ads gives better visibility of product and better chances of clicks. Another thing i have noticed is that PLA Ads consume less budget that regular text ads...

If you have limited budget try to use exact match keywords.Make use of negative keywords.Try To improve  Quality Score.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Pankaj,

Thanks for your response. I have a follow up.

What would be an adequate budget? I do understand it depends on location, time, and industry.

Is there an adequate way to find out? (For example, do you think $200 is too low for a campaign but $300 would be okay).

Thanks,

Cole Lusby