Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Hotel Finder

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know much about Google Hotel Finder? Is this something that you control through AdWords?

It's something we want to try and get involved if we can - I know there is a bidding system involved but can't seem to find much information?

Would really apprecaite any help you guys can offer Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Laura

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google Hotel Finder

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

To the best of my knowledge, I think that Google hotel finder is not directly linked with Google Adwords. I believe that you should re-post this question over Google Places Forum for deeper insights.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Pankaj! I will try posting there!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Laura,

As Pankaj mentioned, it's linked with Google Places. I'd also recommend checking the Hotel Finder Help page. There's a paragraph on how to include a hotel in Google Hotel Finder which might be useful. 

Hope this helps!

Rachel

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

This is not part of AdWords in any way.  The only folks able to submit data feeds at the minute are OTAs and IDS / GDS providers. The Ad units you see and (we too) wanted to play around with, are based on a bidding/yeild system, but not in the AdWords universe.

HTH

T

GOOGLE HOTEL FINDER

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is your circle empty on Google Hotel Finder?

IHG has given Google Hotel Finder a huge vote of confidence by connecting all of their properties directly to Hotel Finder to save on OTA commissions.

4 Billion searches a year on Google are for hotels, and 32% of all hotel bookings began with a search on Google. Can you afford not to connect your hotels on an Increasingly Dominant Distribution Channel?

OTA's are currently getting about 18% to 30% commissions for each booking they process. Bypassing the OTA's would save most of that commission for your hotel.

Why drive users to book direct on your site?

Example: a two night stay (including taxes) at $100.00 per night.

Fees to distribution channel for booking the 2 nights.

Google Hotel Finder @ 3% = $6.00

GDS and/or CRS Channel @ 12% = $24.00

OTA's @ 25% = $50.00

Contact us today to get your hotels connected to the New Google Hotel Finder and start saving on OTA commissions: info@birddogsolutions.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Laura,

Contact me at info@birddogsolutions.net about getting your properties connected to Google Hotel Finder. Is your circle empty on Google Hotel Finder?

IHG has given Google Hotel Finder a huge vote of confidence by connecting all of their properties directly to Hotel Finder to save on OTA commissions.

4 Billion searches a year on Google are for hotels, and 32% of all hotel bookings began with a search on Google. Can you afford not to connect your hotels on an Increasingly Dominant Distribution Channel?

OTA's are currently getting about 18% to 30% commissions for each booking they process. Bypassing the OTA's would save most of that commission for your hotel.

Why drive users to book direct on your site?
Example: a two night stay (including taxes) at $100.00 per night.

Fees to distribution channel for booking the 2 nights.
Google Hotel Finder @ 3% = $6.00
GDS and/or CRS Channel @ 12% = $24.00
OTA's @ 25% = $50.00

Contact us today to get your hotels connected to the New Google Hotel Finder and start saving on OTA commissions: info@birddogsolutions.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There's a paragraph on how to include a hotel in Google Hotel Finder, but not how to include prices and direct online booking for an independant hotel.Could you tell me more about that ?.Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Polka !

Did you find an answer ? I'm very intersting in learning how to give my prices to google, from adwords or from places, I'd really like to overpass OTA's !!! ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Polka,

All hotels that have been indexed by Google will be listed for free on Google Hotel Finder. However you can only include pricing and direct booking if you have a direct connection to Google Hotel Finder, Google is very stricked about who they work with, on your own you will not be able to list your price directly. If you would like to get some help with connecting your property to GHF please reach out to me at info@birddogsolutions.net