Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Forwarding Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

Google Forwarding Numbers are dynamic and not static hence it will change every time. So if someone wants to call back later, they go through their call logs and redial - it won't work?

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Forwarding Number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Feldrin Jogno;

Correct; this is not a business phone number. This is a "call conversion tracking number"

The logic is the user will call, immediately  or  shortly after visiting the site.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

As such there is no defined time frame as if till how much time AdWords system is going to allocate one Google forwarding number to your ads. Also, if someone doesn't call that number when they see the ad, I haven't seen anybody reporting that call is not being tracked if they call some other time. Most of the times, it does work and call is routed back to your Business number. However, you cannot directly use those numbers to display on your website because that's actually Google's property. One exception is Website call conversion tracking described here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#calls_from_websites

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks MosheTLV. I really appreciate your feedback.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj1782. Sounds like more trouble than its worth Smiley Sad It's a long term transaction built on growing the relationship with the customer.. Can't go confusing them over what the phone number is.