Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I am driving traffic from Google Display Network. Currently i am targeting using "Keywords" in Google Content Content Network. Do i need to target "Placements" also? does it really necessary. As i heard targeting placements require higher bids in order compete with other competitors. 

Please suggest me.

Currently i have about 300 keywords per ad group. I am only targeting targeted keywords to my campaign. 

Pls let me know your thoughts.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Display network

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, you can target placements and yes you need to up your bids than your keyword bids.

Make sure to look at the automatic placement report to see where your ads perform well in terms of conversions and ROI. Then you can add that particular placements on your managed placement list.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how does this work

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi GerardoH1_,

Welcome to the community.

I will suggest you to read the following articles.It will help you to get better knowledge about targeting placements

Regards,

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Placement targeting will help you to place your advertisement on a particular webpage. If you use keywords and placement withing the asme ad group then it will narrow your targeting and will make sure that inside that webpage if you have any content related to your keyuwords then your advertisement will appear next to that content.

I will suggest you to use keywords for a at least one month and then from placement performance report you will get a list of webpages where your ad was already placed. You can export those websites and can create a new ad grops with these placements only. This can narrow costing part only. You can have a dip understading of placement targeting from the link below:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580399?hl=en-GB

Foyzul on Linked In

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Nice idea by Foyzul;

I like to include keywords and placements together. The system will show your ad only on pages (on the placement list)  that also match the "theme" of the keywords. (AND condition applies: Keywords AND placements).

This way, you narrow your targeting only to relevent pages (within placements), with a content that matches your keywords. (You can also bid on these keywords if you find that one of them is more clicked.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’