2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

does anyone know how to fix my Google Analytics results are zero's when I have linked the Adwords and Analytics together?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CarollCl,

Linking of your AdWords and Analytics accounts can not recover past history from before linking the accounts. It will only accumulate data going forward from that date. It can take a few hours to a day for AdWords stats to be complete in Analytics.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

someone suggested that the information collected in Analytics is only from when you link the accounts on... I linked them on October 17th, hoping for some information by now, I know there have been Clicks so some data should be collected by 10/25, right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pete, I linked back on 10/17, ugh!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi CarollCl,

Oh, that's different!

When you are in the AdWords interface and pull down the tools menu then click on Analytics do you go to the correct Analytics account? If the link to analytics does not appear, you are not linked.

In AdWords, click on Account, then Linked Accounts. Does it show Google Analytics is linked?

When you are in Analytics, select the profile you are adbvertising, then click on Settings. Scroll down the page until you see: AdWords Cost Source Settings. Is the box checked? Is the email address correct? Is the AdWords account number correct?

That's about all I have. If you answered no to any of these questions, the accounts are not properly linked. If they are linked to the wrong accounts, you'll need to remove the linking and start all over.

Good Luck!

Pete

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello.

There's also something else: you need to enable auto-tagging in your AdWords account's perferences, or manually tag your ad's links, otherwise Google will have no way of distinguishing between regular organic clicks (non-paid clicks in the regular Google results) and clicks on your paid ads. If auto-tagging is not enabled, and you did not manually tag your links with parameters such as utm_source, utm_medium, etc., your AdWords clicks will show up as organic. 

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi CarollCl,

Calin has a great suggestion, and one I diid not think of. One caveat, though, if you use manual tagging you won't get data in the AdWords section. It will show up under traffic sources/campaigns.

Best of Luck!

Pete