Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Keywords tool does not match the traffic

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I targeted this keywrod "suites in london" after checking a good searches and now i have got #1 rank in google.co.uk 

Check Detailed. 

Keyword- suites in london
URL- www.themontcalmlondoncity.co.uk/luxury-suites-140.html
Rank Position- #1 in Google.co.uk

Google Ad words Keywords tool  shows 

Global Monthly Searches 90,500

Local Monthly Searches 9,900

Current traffic in GA tool- approx 100 to 130

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Adwords Keywords tool does not match the traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sachin,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I am not sure if you have read the details behind what the global and local searches are actually, but the fact lies that keyword tool takes into consideration many factors while giving you the data. I would strongly encourage you to read this help center article for more insights.

I would also emphasize on the fact that no tool is 100% accurate. There are approximations involved with any tool you use. So it's better for the advertisers not to trust the data blindly, but use them as a right indicator to optimize their account.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sachin,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I am not sure if you have read the details behind what the global and local searches are actually, but the fact lies that keyword tool takes into consideration many factors while giving you the data. I would strongly encourage you to read this help center article for more insights.

I would also emphasize on the fact that no tool is 100% accurate. There are approximations involved with any tool you use. So it's better for the advertisers not to trust the data blindly, but use them as a right indicator to optimize their account.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Adding to Pankaj's answer, please note that GA data reflects your website traffic, while AW data, reflects all advertisers' data. You cannot conclude from one on the other...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Sachin-Kumar wrote:

I targeted this keywrod "suites in london" after checking a good searches and now i have got #1 rank in google.co.uk 

Check Detailed. 

Keyword- suites in london
URL- www.themontcalmlondoncity.co.uk/luxury-suites-140.html
Rank Position- #1 in Google.co.uk

Google Ad words Keywords tool  shows 

Global Monthly Searches 90,500

Local Monthly Searches 9,900

Current traffic in GA tool- approx 100 to 130

Hi Sachin,

There are various ways to troubleshoot this problem.

Once you see the Keyword In Your Adwords, to match your demand - Check Impression Share.

This article on why you have Lower IS will explain you more in detail.

After you upload or enter keywords from Keyword tool into your adwords account, you can check why you have lower searches from this tool.

This tool will tell you about the budget or the bid being the constraint for lower searches on your keywords.