AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords ads - Get your ads, keywords and your settings ready for the holiday season

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi All, 

It's holiday season - and I think we should all make sure our ads, keywords, settings, targeting etc are all in place to capture the holiday customers and holiday online traffic to increase our sales and leads significantly. 

What are some "must do" changes to your ads, keywords and settings that will help capture this traffic?

What helped you last year? What did not help you?

Share your experiences with other AdWords users on this Community. Let's spread happiness. 

Cheers,

Mini

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords ads - Get your ads, keywords and your settings ready for the holiday season

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

We just setup a Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Bag to the Bone Holiday Sales Event. By testing different ad variations from last year, we knew having "10% Off" in the ad text was the way to go. It has proven to be successful again this year.

Re: Google AdWords ads - Get your ads, keywords and your settings ready for the holiday season

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Poster leatherlidinser has a good point. 

Anyone who had a campaign during past holiday seasons should have spent last month Smiley Happy mining data from last year's campaign--or from all their past holiday season campaigns, and using those as the basis for this year's advertising.

One thing I'd strongly advise for those setting up new campaigns for this season is making sure you carry over your negative keyword lists from last year--block the traffic that's inappropriate for you right from the first day. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*