Google AdWords - Choose the sites that should run your ads

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Google Display Network

Google Placements

Hi All, 

This week, let's discuss some simulated business scenarios and the best way to resolve any issues. Here's the first simulated business scenario:

Alice:

I run a beauty products store online and would like to run on women's sites. Can you help me how to choose the sites that are good for such business? Also how to choose the settings in AdWords that will help me run on such sites? Can you also provide some good examples? Thank You.

Let's help Alice. 

Cheers,

Mini

Re: Google AdWords - Choose which websites to run your ads on.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

First and foremost, the Google Display network is at your fingertips, go ahead and use it! They usually are great.

Try doing Audiences in the Adwords UI, and make use of Google Insights for search, and customer survey efforts.

These may also be very helpful when you begin your remarketing planning.

Re: Google AdWords - Choose the websites your ads run on.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

a good one that we just started to use a few weeks ago (i feel a little ashamed about that...) is selecting specific google search partners (not GDN)... easy ones are ebay, amazon, and the likes.

This allows you to ad specifically for specific sites... whcih can be very useful, if say... you know that the site doesn't have any stock a product YOU are stocking... 

easy bid on "keywordphrase site:slectedsite", for example if you want to advertsie for "dell computer" specifically on eaby, enter as a keyword "dell computer site:ebay.co.uk".

Make sure your campaign is opted in search partners and you're good to go.

FYI: By default if you already bid on "dell computer" and are opted in search partners your ad will always be considered for each "dell computer" queries performred on ebay.co.uk.

hope this helps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

By the way, Are you sure Ebay and Amazon are search partners?

Amazon runs their own platform, and i am not sure about Ebay... Or perhaps it's different in the UK?

Do you see any activity?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hiya

to spot a search partner, just do a main search on a site's your're looking at, see if you get those blue links. Clcik on 'em and if you have a ?glcid=on the destination URL, it means its a search parnter Smiley Happy

anbd to answer your question, yes, I see traffic on "KW site:xyz.tld"... 

have a good day!