5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Good QS, Available Budget, Good Bids but Low IS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a campaign running completely on exact search keywords. Other campaigns use other match types and the keywords are unique to each campaign.

I have a single keyword in exact match that happens to have less than 10% IS. The below is a snapshot of this keyword's performance:

b.pnga.png
Problem with this keyword is the IS is very low, now this would be a good reason if the daily budget was limited. Unfortunately although this is the highest spending keyword in the whole of the campaign in terms of dollars spent the IS is still low EVEN THOUGH THE CAMPAIGN IS SPENDING ONLY 50% of the budget available to it. Bidding strategy is Target search page location (Top 3 search page results.). My managers have asked me a simple question why is the IS low even when there is ample money available to the campaign, the QS looks fine, the ctr is great, the conversions exist too. Everything points the keyword to be a good performer except the IS is lost potential for us.

So additionally my question is how does Google really allocate budget among ad groups and is moving this one keyword to a completely separate campaign logical, if yes why?

Re: Good QS, Available Budget, Good Bids but Low IS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are you keywords heavily targeted? Are you using enhanced CPC? Have you tried to select you keyword, clicking details then auction insights?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Often when I see this the problem is a lack of ads in the SERPs - do some actual searches and count how many ads there are. Sometimes Google chooses to only show one.

Also, take a look at Details > Auction Insights for clues - you can see the share of impressions your competitors are getting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No enhanced cpc being run. Yes have tried that method of auction insights too and results are similar.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

then run a report. add campaign & include search lost is budget & search lost is rank from the competitive metrics. most lightly you'll find that your "search lost is rank" is high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjOHTFRaBWA is the google video.

basically you need to work on your ads/ctr might need to increase your bid on the keywords worst effected then once you have the great ctr/quality score reduce it again.

i see your ctr is high (over 10%) but your competitors must have a high ctr too (we know this because even though you have over 10% your still on the 2nd page). 

So additionally my question is how does Google really allocate budget among ad groups "not sure"

and is moving this one keyword to a completely separate campaign logical, if yes why? "no, put it in a new ad group then new ads ect"

let us know how it goes