AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been running 4 campaigns for the last 4 weeks for 4 different wines, each landing page is the wine page with a clear call to action, the CTR on each campaign is above 4% and the quality score on all keywords is either 7 or 8, still I dont get any conversion. Any suggestion? do you think the lack of a landing page is the issue? 

thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry forgot to include the website www.italyabroad.com

Good CTR still not sales

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Do you get any sales at all through your website?

If so, where do those sales come from, and how are you tracking sales/conversions in analytics? 

Tom

Good CTR still not sales

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Andrea,

Quality Score and CTR can affect your click costs and/or ad position. They have no connection to conversions. 

Often the best converting ads don't have the best CTR, because they are pre-qualifying people. For example, if your product is expensive and the keywords are generic and cover all price points, then placing the price in the ad usually means a much lower CTR (people are put off by the price) and a much higher conversion rate (people who do click on the ad don't mind the price).

There are many reasons why a site or product doesn't convert, and as Tom mentioned, the first step is to find out if your conversion tracking is actually working.

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, not many but we have recently decided to relaunch it not just from a design but also from SEO point of view and we now rank high in several keywords and starting to seeing the benefits. I am using analytics to track sales/conversions

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

thanks for your input, yes, I have thought of what you said, and put negative words such as cheap, therefore price should not be an issue. I also add a special discount to see whether the price is the issue but so far not enough information

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, the link above is not the landing page but the homepage of the website, the landing page are the pages of the individual wines, currently im testing 4 different wines and 4 different campaigns