1.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been running 4 campaigns for the last 4 weeks for 4 different wines, each landing page is the wine page with a clear call to action, the CTR on each campaign is above 4% and the quality score on all keywords is either 7 or 8, still I dont get any conversion. Any suggestion? do you think the lack of a landing page is the issue? 

thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry forgot to include the website www.italyabroad.com

Good CTR still not sales

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Do you get any sales at all through your website?

If so, where do those sales come from, and how are you tracking sales/conversions in analytics? 

Tom

Good CTR still not sales

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Andrea,

Quality Score and CTR can affect your click costs and/or ad position. They have no connection to conversions. 

Often the best converting ads don't have the best CTR, because they are pre-qualifying people. For example, if your product is expensive and the keywords are generic and cover all price points, then placing the price in the ad usually means a much lower CTR (people are put off by the price) and a much higher conversion rate (people who do click on the ad don't mind the price).

There are many reasons why a site or product doesn't convert, and as Tom mentioned, the first step is to find out if your conversion tracking is actually working.

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, not many but we have recently decided to relaunch it not just from a design but also from SEO point of view and we now rank high in several keywords and starting to seeing the benefits. I am using analytics to track sales/conversions

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

thanks for your input, yes, I have thought of what you said, and put negative words such as cheap, therefore price should not be an issue. I also add a special discount to see whether the price is the issue but so far not enough information

Good CTR still not sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, the link above is not the landing page but the homepage of the website, the landing page are the pages of the individual wines, currently im testing 4 different wines and 4 different campaigns