AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail and managed placement

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Is Gmail a better option for managed placement? What if the ad is targeted towards a niche segment? Can this help?

Re: Gmail and managed placement

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
It may help or may not, it will depend on the keywords you chose for gmail campaign and how many people write mail to eachother in that context.
More help at
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404243?hl=en
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Nikhil,

Thanks for your feedback. This seems little tricky to me. I had gone through the link you shared, however, looking for some real-time examples. At present, I have excluded Gmail from my placements. But still considering this option to improve volume of clicks.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Any specific reason why you have excluded gmail from current campaign? may be you can try gmail as managed placement in another campaign with smaller budget.

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
No, not any specific reason. Just a 'trial and error' mechanism. Now, thinking of reversing the strategy to see if it can create any positive impact.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
Yeah its definitely worth a try, make sure you have keywords related to your theme for this campaign so your ad shows up only on the mails related to your product / service.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sure. Will definitely try this.