2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail ad CTR abnormally high - over 90%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've launch gmail ads for the first time and am seeing CTRs of more than 90%. However, of the 1000 expands to open clicks on my ads, I have less than 10 visits to the site.

Our Google reps can't find any issues or errors and say that's the actual CTR.

Has anyone experienced this? any insight? Is this a glitch? We're advertising $70 off a $500+ product, which is somewhat compelling, but still not convinced of the 90% percent CTR. I've looked at all the targeting and there is one one particular topic, interest or keyword that's driving the CTR.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Gmail ad CTR abnormally high - over 90%

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @veronica m,

So, Gmail campaigns use terminology that we've become accustomed to using in other campaign types.  CTR in the case of gmail are opens, 90% of your Gmail ads were opened and the click through to website are not reflected in this metric.  

I don't think it's unreasonable with a very compelling subject line to achieve really high open rates, but to your point, what's the return and is the branding/awareness worthwhile (it just might be for a product that costs ~$500.  

Hope this helps clarify.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’