AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm receiving great CTR and CPC numbers. However, "Gmail Clicks To Website" numbers are undesirable. Is anyone dealing or have dealt with the same issue? If so, what solutions have you found helpful? My goal is the have people go onto the Landing Page. I know having, "Click Here," is not allowed in any text ad. ... Looking for workarounds...

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Gmail Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gabriel
Your CTR in Gmail ads is going to be vastly lower than on the search network. Users are not in search mode. They want to check their email and they don't want to be interrupted. You will never get your CTR on Gmail up to the same on the search network. The best you can do work incrementally to improve your CTR using this: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

You might also want to try some of the form fill conversion options offered specifically by Gmail ads as they're likely to perform better.