AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting rid of fraud clickers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there!

Since this is mine first post here maybe isn't in correct location. Sorry for that.

Long story short - one of mine accounts have lot of "fraud clickers" from mobile device. Here is proof from Analytics:
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 8.50.28 PM.png

As you can see - all devices have some kind of "conversions" and there are "new users". But SGS6 Edge Plus are fraud clickers - new users are 0% and there is 0% conversions.

How i can disable ads for such device?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Peter,

Great question!

Google takes invalid clicks very seriously and has many processes in place to avoid charging you for them.

You can read more about these processes, and how to see how many invalid clicks Google is catching, here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

If you don't think Google is catching the majority of the invalid clicks, you could try using a third-party service like ClickCease to identify and block fraudulent IP addresses.

Best,

John

Re: Getting rid of fraud clickers

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Peter,

Google has sophisticated tools and techniques to take care of the invalid click activity. Also, most of the times, AdWords system automatically credit back the amount on finding any invalid click activity happening in the account.

Did you check the billing details and see if any certain value of amount has been credited back to your account for invalid click activity?

Also, how are you pretty sure that clicks/sessions from S6 are fraud clicks? Is it just because someone didn't convert is a fraud click will not be the right approach here.

You can run this troubleshooting help center link and reach out to AdWords support so that they can investigate internally and get back to you: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pankaj,

i'm not complaining about billing because they are detected as "fraud clicks" and during recalculation their activity is removed. 

But i'm 111% sure that ALL of S6 Edge clicks are fraud. Because they are 0% new users, bounce is over 90%, session duration is less than 1 sec, etc.

I'm asking - is there way to prevent such fraud clickers from AdWords interface w/o 3rd party service? Because they (clickers) mess our AdWords and Analytics with spammy activity.

Peter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

John,

they (Google) catch it. But mess our AdWords and Analytics statistics with spamming activity.

I could easy find their IPs using log file analysis. But disabling them is risky because they're mobile 3G or public WiFi hotspots and could disable normal users too.

It's Catch 22.

So is there way to disable ads just for SGS6 Edge?

Peter

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Peter,

Regrettably there is no way to exclude a specific device from Search campaigns. The only control you have is over device types (i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet), which doesn't help you in this scenario.

Best,

John