AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting lots of impressions and many clicks, but no sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I own a safety consulting firm and have been using Google adwords for awhile now. I get plenty of impressions and clicks, but have not been getting any sales from them? There was a point in time I would get several emails and or phone calls but lately I have not received any. Can someone give me some advice please. Here is my website URL. Thank you for any suggestions.

www.advancedsafetyconsultingltd.com

John Freyling

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting lots of impressions and many clicks, but no sales

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John,

It doesn't look like you have conversion tracking on your site, so it would be hard to tell if you are getting leads from AdWords or not.

Look at the search term report to see the actual search queries people are using who clicked on your ads. If any are irrelevant, make negative keywords.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi John,

1. You should have conversion tracking on your site to know what happens after a customer clicks on your ads=> https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en
2. Check campaign performance. Make sure you have negative keywords, ad extensions such as: sitelink, call extension , v.v...
3. You can check search term report to see the actual search queries people are using to clicks on your ads, and based on search term report , you can add negative keywords for those keywords are not related to your ads to save money.
4. Should have remarketing campaign as well
5. Depend on your budget, if you have a limited budget make sure you focus target exactly location (campaign>setting>location option> target> People in my targeted location)
6. Others, you also need to check back : dimension>user location . if user location is not related to your target, you should change (campaign>setting>location option> target> People in my targeted location)
And if you need further optimize campaign, kindly give more information.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi @John F,

When you were receiving the calls earlier, did you do any other form of advertising as well? Maybe that was bringing in those leads.

As rightly pointed out by @RobSkelton & @Anna, you must have conversion tracking on your site.
Please follow the instructions in Anna's response to complete this. Once you do this, you will be able to see converted clicks in your AdWords interface. What this lets you do is identify keywords from where you got leads. Using this, you can adjust bids for keywords that are performing for you, while you can save on dollars for keywords that spend money and dont bring you leads.

Another thing I would do - bring your phone number on the home page. If people looking for your business like to talk to someone. high lighting your number on the homepage (first fold. Top right hand side) would be helpful.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Here are a few more things you could look at:

1. Check if all queries are relevant - use the Search terms report
2. Add negative keywords where required
3. See if your ad copies have the same messaging as your landing page. People seem to be clicking your ads, but once they come to your site, they dont find what they are looking for. i.e. they dont find it relevant to what they want.
4. Landing page experience.

Here's an article written by a Top Contributor, @Theresa_Zook, that explains the points in detail.
Please see this link: Also, there are a few other tips you could use - https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Bogus-clicks-I-ve-got-clicks-but-no-sales/ba-p/57...

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!