AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting lots of impressions and many clicks, but no sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Our handbag site has been active for a little over a month now.  We are advertising via Bing and some social media sites.

We seem to be getting a decent amount of traffic to the site.  But only 1 sale in about 45 days.

Can someone take an honest look at our site and let me know what could be wrong/missing/needing improvement?

http://we-adore.com

Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting lots of impressions and many clicks, but no sales

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
1. All of those affiliate ads could be causing people to leave your site without buying
2. Fashion products often convert poorly because people are browsing / window shopping.
3. The design of you site could make people think you are selling expensive fakes. The design is OK, but people probably expect a more sophisticated site when trust is such a factor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rob, nice observations. I only recently added the ads in the left hand pane this week. I have adjusted it just a bit and removed a few. Hopefully that helps.

I particularly like your 3rd observation. We have tried to build and configure the site ourselves (newbs) using the free layout that our ecommerce backoffice provides. I will take a look around for a bit more sophisticated site layouts. I'll probably end up paying for it, which I was trying to avoid. But it seems like that would help.

Thanks again...well-received.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The popup upon landing on the site is a violation of the AdWords Policy.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Ohh... And also note: This is an AdWords advertising Community not Bing's ... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You should also note that the tracking you have on  your site has an error - which means you could be sending visits to the affiliate sites and they cannot track them - possibility - but worth looking at...

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 22.38.28.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I'm well aware of that. This wasn't a Bing vs. AdWords question, it was simply related to how I can get conversions and if someone could offer advice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK. I'm not using AdWords, but thanks.

Is that your full critique?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks stickleback...this is a good find. Appreciate you catching this.