Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting lots of impressions and many clicks, but no sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Our handbag site has been active for a little over a month now.  We are advertising via Bing and some social media sites.

We seem to be getting a decent amount of traffic to the site.  But only 1 sale in about 45 days.

Can someone take an honest look at our site and let me know what could be wrong/missing/needing improvement?

http://we-adore.com

Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting lots of impressions and many clicks, but no sales

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
1. All of those affiliate ads could be causing people to leave your site without buying
2. Fashion products often convert poorly because people are browsing / window shopping.
3. The design of you site could make people think you are selling expensive fakes. The design is OK, but people probably expect a more sophisticated site when trust is such a factor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rob, nice observations. I only recently added the ads in the left hand pane this week. I have adjusted it just a bit and removed a few. Hopefully that helps.

I particularly like your 3rd observation. We have tried to build and configure the site ourselves (newbs) using the free layout that our ecommerce backoffice provides. I will take a look around for a bit more sophisticated site layouts. I'll probably end up paying for it, which I was trying to avoid. But it seems like that would help.

Thanks again...well-received.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The popup upon landing on the site is a violation of the AdWords Policy.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Ohh... And also note: This is an AdWords advertising Community not Bing's ... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You should also note that the tracking you have on  your site has an error - which means you could be sending visits to the affiliate sites and they cannot track them - possibility - but worth looking at...

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 22.38.28.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I'm well aware of that. This wasn't a Bing vs. AdWords question, it was simply related to how I can get conversions and if someone could offer advice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK. I'm not using AdWords, but thanks.

Is that your full critique?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks stickleback...this is a good find. Appreciate you catching this.