AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting enough clicks but no sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

This is the scenario: I started a campaign in October with all the required settings and all the keywords were exact match with relevant Ads. Quality score above 7 for almost all the keywords. Landing page designed well enough to provide the required information and call to action . So till end of November I was gettin decent number of clicks (20-30) per day and as many enquiries too.

But after Dec 5  I paused the campaign till Jan 18. When I restarted the campaign from Jan 19 with the same set of information that I explained above I was getting same number of clicks but this time no enquiries at all .

Could anyone tell me where am I going wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting enough clicks but no sales

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Blackcat?

What kind of product/service do you sell?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Different packages for a particular resort.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I believe the drop in conversions is due to seasonality.

As the holiday season (x-mas/new year) is over the demand for your service is less now.

Most of the people are now back in office from resorts Smiley Happy

But the clicks you are getting currently will not be a wasted, if you can add these visitors to your remarketing list and advertise to them at a later stage using remarketing ads (probably in a month or two).

Find more information about remarketing in the below links.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998/?hl=en

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000/?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Info:  Hmm, I don't often disagree with you Info, but I'm going to here.  In the UK certainly January is traditionally when the summer holiday Ads hit the ground running.  Christmas is over, the sales are over and everyone wants it to be summer.  We're not talking about bookings for January we're talking about people booking for later in the year and a lot happens around now.

@blackcat:  Not sure if it's any help but I have a couple of clients in the accommodation/holiday biz and they are both reporting (or should I say complaining of Smiley Happy ) a slower bookings rate than January 2012.

Has anything else changed?  Are you seeing a different position, different CTR, a change in the most popular Keywords?  It is a shame the campaign wasn't running last January.  Although I've disagreed with Info, it may be that the type of the resort of your site or some other factor means January is slow for you, so in that respect Info would be right that it's seasonal, but just not in the way he's described.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jon: Totally agree with you. Missed the target geography perspective. But not without a reason Smiley Happy The campiagn was paused from December 5th to January 18. If I am guessing correctly, then this campaign is running in India.

@Blackcat: Can you please confirm? Where do you run your ads? (Which country?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@jon: Yes there has been gradual change in the CTR , it is reducing day by day. But I don't agree that booking could be seasonal as most people prefer this resort for a weekend getaway because that was the trend I was seeing when I used to get leads was usually for 3-4 days bookings. But yes I must admit that the CTR has decreased.

@info: Yes you guessed it right, campaign is running in India.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Blackcat,

I do manage a few clients from hospitality segment in India.

And most of these Indian campaigns were paused from 15th Dec to 15th January (Thats how I guessed your campaign may be running in India).

And almost all these campaigns restarted after 15 Jan, is experiencing low conversin rates.

You have mentioned your CTR has decreased recently. And one of the reasons could be high competition (more competitors restarting/starting ad campaigns). Please check your average position.

Another important thing to monitor is Ads. Check if your competitors are advertising any new packages, lower rates or discounts (I have seen a few new ones).

And check you website conversion path & make sure evrything is working fine (pages/codes etc).

Hope this helps,