AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting a bit discouraged. No conversions after 30 days. Is it the Ads, Market, Product or Price?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As the title says. I am getting a bit depressed and discouraged. I launched my business early February 2016 and started my Adwords Campaign 30 days ago. In fact today makes 30 days. Thus far I have spent $158.08 with 9,456 impressions, 172 clicks and a 1.82 CTR but no conversions. 

At this stage I am not sure if I should continue spending funds on Adwords, try display network or switch to social media. I am questioning if it is my Adwords Ads (setup, keywords, bids etc) or just the market or my product and pricing. It is very discouraging not being able to pinpoint one or the other and I feel I either need to give up which after over a year invested in developing the site and products ideally do not wish to do, or take the time to revamp the premise. The feelings I am having now is very depressing as I feel like there is no where to turn or no clear direction forward. 

My site is easy to purchase from (Stripe checkout with paypal option) I have video (not autoplay), bullet points and checkout on the side top and bottom of the page. The copy is clean and easy to understand and the product (a digital download) is very comprehensive. I offer business plan templates such as for coffee shops, bakeries, ecommerce boutiques, auto detailing, salons etc for $9.99. (yes just under $10.00)  Each topic has their own Adwords campaign. 

I am sure as many of you as entrepreneurs have been through this before. At this stage and I hate to ask but I feel so lost and I really need some input, insight and perspective however do not wish to post my website on this public forum in fears that my failure will be associated with my website when doing a future google search.

I have been reading about landing page optimization, adwords keywords, trying global vs US and Canada targeting etc. My website is SEO Yoast optimized, site loads quickly and I feel my offer is very good, however for some reason I am not getting conversions.

I am not sure if this is allowed, however if anyone out there is sympathetic to my dilemma would it be ok for you to message me privately so I may share with you my website to obtain a new perspective. I have read so many good things about Adwords but it is just not working for me. I am also willing to be a case model for anyone interested in helping me and am willing to provide a testimonial if you can help me turn this around.

Sincerely a very dejected,

Shawn

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting a bit discouraged. No conversions after 30 days. Is it the Ads, Market, Product or Price

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Shawn,

Could you please explain what all campaign you have run so far? What stricture did you use for that? Did you put enough negative to stop irrelevant traffic? Did you choose keywords closely related to your business? Are you landing people to the specific product page or home page?

Robin

Re: Getting a bit discouraged. No conversions after 30 days. Is it the Ads, Market, Product or Price

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robin,
I have run 18 campaigns one for each topic such as Bakery, Ecommerce Boutique, Coffee Shop, Auto Detailing, Salon etc. They were all search network.
Yes I put in negative keywords such as free, sample, dummies, example, how, what, writing etc.
Yes I choose keywords that targeted business plan templates. Such as business plan for auto detailing, mobile car wash business plan template etc. All linked to the campaign ad.
Each Ad went directly to the product page.

I really did my homework prior to starting Adwords and made sure my website was optimized for conversions, quick loading, relevant content, easy to purchase.

I am feeling not very good about it as I thought Adwords could have helped me launch my venture however I have not had any success.

Thank You and please let me know if you have any questions. I am to the point where I am unable to sleep at night as I am not sure where or how to get conversions.
Shawn

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
You done it by using only search network right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes this is correct only search network so far. No display network.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
What keywords match type did you use so far? Did you check your search query report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Broad Modifier and Phrase match. However most are phrase match.
Yes I checked my search terms report and deleted any relevant trigger keywords when they came up. The search terms were people seeking to start a business such as open a boutique, starting a boutique, fashion business plan etc. The ads reflected the subject and I also used 4 ad extensions.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Lets try exact match & broad match modifier only. Create separate campaign for both. Put all exact match in negative in broad modifier campaign. Let's try it for the most selling category in your industry & check the performance.

Robin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You Robin, Can you please explain this?: Put all exact match in negative in broad modifier campaign

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
So let's say you will create two campaigns.

Campaign A (Exact)
Campaign B (BMM)

Campaign A will only have exact match keywords.
Campaign B will only have BMM keywords.

Take all keywords which you will put in campaign A as exact match & put them in campaign B as negative exact match.
The logic behind this is to stop cross triggering & internal competition of your keywords.

Let me know if you still have any confusion.

Robin