Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Started with CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) Bidding

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

2 days ago I decided to switch my Max CPC bidding to the Target CPA method. Ever since my daily costs, overall CPA value as well as my average CPC tripled. I am not worried at this time, however, my question is: How long would the Adwords system need (on average) to settle down and optimize the Campaigns?

Perhaps this helps, currently I am only scoring about 5 to 10 daily conversions overall using 6 campaigns.

Thank you!

Re: Getting Started with CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) Bidding

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wicked,

Your actual CPA depends on factors outside Google's control such as changes to your website and ads, or external factors such as increased competition. So it's possible that your actual CPA may exceed the Max. CPA or Target CPA bid you specify.

Here are some useful threads that discuss the same topic:

Thread 1

Thread

Best,

Zee
G+

Re: Getting Started with CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) Bidding

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

thank you for your reply!

As my campaigns have been quite old (several years) and the overall CPA value has been the same I am trying to get more conversions for the same Target CPA value.

As I haven't made any changes to the site I expected to see the same conversion values hoping Adwords would have gathered enough information by now.

I read some people prefer to target a Max CPA value as that gives them the same control and more traffic. Is this a proven fact?

Thank you,