Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Clicks but no conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Team,

We started search ad campaign for our website https://healthyxpress.com/ in June. In first month we got 11 conversion. But In July no conversion. Quality score is between 7 to 8 and CTR is almost 8%. We are getting relevant clicks but no conversion.

here is the landing page: https://healthyxpress.com/collections/meal-plans

Please suggest something.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Re: Getting Clicks but no conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @yogesh g it could be a seasonal problem, bear in mind your buyers are human beings and react to things like the weather, holidays and so on, so it could be that July is a slow month.  It could also be that another advertiser has come on the scene and reduced your impression share, or that there's been a change to your website that's affecting how customers behave.

Have you analysed relevant stats to look for something that's changed?  Has your position dropped, you time on site changed, etc.?  Have organic sales changed over the same period?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jon_Gritton,

Thanks for replying so soon.

I have compared  this month report (1 July to 11 July) with previous month and found that our Avg. Pos. is getting better from 3.5 to 3.2. although clicks and impressions are low but the CTR is just double. 

and this month we got 38 conversion from organic and direct but just 1 from cpc (according to Analytics)

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Look at the search terms report and see which search queries created the conversions.

Are your ads still showing for those queries?

Were they brand searches due to non-AdWords marketing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi RobSkelton,

I checked search term report already. Yes, our ads are showing for those queries. We were getting conversions from both type of search terms branded and non- branded terms

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Yogesh G,

I make Jon Gritton's my words. If your ads are still getting clicks, then I don't think the problem are the ads; it seems that people are still engaging with them, so your text must be right. So what comes to my mind now is, what about the landing page? Has it changed recently? If not, how about adding a bit more content? Maybe you could try with that, rather than just showing your products or services... But like Jon Gritton said, it could all be just seasonality, which is a normal thing to happen in many industries (it happens in mine all the time...)...