3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Clicks but no calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using Google AdWords since last 3-4 years.  We used to get 1-2 calls everyday from 6-8 clicks but since last one month we are not getting a single call.  We were regularly getting 4-5 clicks on our account and we also checked with the AdWords support to check if there is anything wrong with the Ads or the account.  But everything is fine as per them.  It will be great if anyone can help me out with this issue as my experience has proved that Google AdWords is a great revenue generating tool so I want to get deep into this problem. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting Clicks but no calls

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Bhavin,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

What kind campaign is it? Search Network, Display Network, or Search Network Call Only campaign? 

If it is not a call-only campaign, make sure your call-extension is verified and is triggering with the ads. Going to Call Extensions from the Ad Extensions tab and segmenting the data by Click Type will give you an overview on how your extension is performing. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ratan,

Thanks for your reply.

We are having a Search Network campaign. We checked in the Ad Extensions tab. Our call-extensions are verified but we have not received a single click although we have 60+ impressions.

So, whats your take on this ?

Regards,
Bhavin

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Bhavin,

Assuming that you have left the campaign running for a long time and not optimizing it, I would suggest you to work on optimizing the campaign a bit in the area of keywords, ads & bids. This is because a lot of factor like competition, search queries etc. keeps on changing tracks.

Also, if you want to drive calls, please opt in to the call-only campaign if you have not yet. This is a very good ad format that will help you get more number of calls.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Kundan

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Bhavin,

You really didn't receive call or it's not showing on Call extension segment? I don't believe if Google is tracking exactly calls at this time. You should use another dedicated phone for real time call monitoring.

If you are not receiving any call, you should optimize your campaign with call extension. Use phone number on call extension, Ad copy or Call out Function. Check your search queries for 1 month under Dimension tab and analyze, you are receiving clicks from relevant keywords.

You should also check your campaign on mobile devices. How they appear there ? Double check "Oncall" attribute is applied with contact number.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks.
Virendra

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We do have a third party call tracker installed with our Google Adwords.  We are getting clicks from all relevant keywords as keep track of all negative keywords time to time.

Our Ads are appearing perfectly fine on all the mobile devices.

Regards,

Bhavin

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

For the first thing, @Virendra Kumar using phone number in Ad copy or Call Out Extension is a violation of AdWords policy. Hence, I won't advise doing that. 

@Bhavin Mehta here  are some of the additional tips for you -

• Aim higher ad positions to increase the likelihood of your call-extension appearing with ads
  • Bid higher on mobile devices to get higher ad positions 
  • Write mobile specific ad copies to ensure your advertising message is not cut off and is shown completely on mobile devices
  • Use CTA with the ad and ask people to take action
  • Optimize your landing page
  • Ensure better visibility of your phone number on the landing page. It's better if you could show it above the fold
  • Optimize conversion flow of your landing page and use phone number in the right places
  • Encourage visitors to call and connect to your team to start the conversation
  • Keep an eye on your competitors
  • Call-Only Ad is worth a try if your business leads can be initiated or closed on phone calls

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Ratan for your valuable comments.  We shall surely try to work on your suggestions.

But, my preliminary question was the reason for the sudden drop in the calls as we have been getting regular calls before one month and we have not made any changes in the Ad or any campaign.

Regards,

Bhavin

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Bhavin,

I think there is a drop because 'you have done nothing!'. Please refer to my reply above. I think you should quickly look at 3 things:
1. Look at search query report to analyze the keywords that are important but are not in your account.
2. Perform a text ad analysis of the competitors fighting on the same keywords like are they putting lower prices in the ad text for the same service etc. and
3. Look at the monthly & weekly report to understand if your avg. position is going down (this will help you estimate that the competitors are now bidding more to rank higher. There could be a possibility that they are bidding same but have good QS than yours).

With this, in order to improve further.. you can look at impression share & auction insights as well.

Thanks,
Kundan

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Bhavin,

A drop in conversion may be the outcome of one or many of the several important aspects. You will need to spend some time and put some efforts to look into the right areas.

Further, if a campaign is performing at its  best at the moment, no one can guarantee that it would be performing at the same efficiency forever. Any advertising campaign, not limited to AdWords, gets affected by several important aspects.  As an advertiser you need to be vigilant and strategic in terms of optimization to ensure consistent successful results. 

You have not changed anything in your campaign, but how about your competitors? Haven't they outperformed you? Further, web is changing everyday like never before, are you aligned to it? Make sure your website continues to give the best possible User Experience to your visitors. If you are consistently able to stand out by establishing a competitive edge and are giving your potential customers a great experience, your advertising strategies are sure to perform better. 

Hence, it's the time to analyse and optimize. Looking to the areas already advised and work there to start driving more conversions to your business. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha