AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Calls from excluded location

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am running search campaign in ad-words. My target location is USA and Canada. I have excluded whole Colorado from my target location. 720 and 303 are phone call area codes of Colorado. I have excluded all the location with area code 720 & 303.

But still getting calls from same area code.

Can anyone help me? I am very confused, why I am getting calls from excluded location?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting Calls from excluded location

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nikita
First of all, you cannot exclude "phone area codes". This is not a targeting option.
You've excluded the whole of Colorado but there's nothing stopping people with a phone number that was registered there who is outside CO seeing your ads. The targeting is GEOGRAPHIC.

For example, my phone number is actually in an area code 01. However, I am physically in, and always have been in, area code 353. When I call someone, my area code on caller ID looks like I'm calling from 01.

This is common and I'd review your targeting options if you're looking to exclude certain regions.

Please see here for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722040