Guide Me
star_border

Geographic Bid Adjustment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone!

I currently target the US and Canada.

Say I find out that most of Canada isn't converting well and I decrease bids by 25%.

If I added a specific city in Canada, say British Columbia and increase bids for that city by 25% does this cancel out the 25% bid decrease for all of Canada meaning I'd really need to set the British Columbia bid to a 50% increase to see the actual 25% increase I'm looking for?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carver K
September 2015

Re: Geographic Bid Adjustment

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

That's a very good question. I would suggest breaking Canada out into its own campaign, separate of the US. Then you could set baseline bids for Canada where you want them and add multipliers for specific cities. This would allow you to be a little less granular.  In my experience, competition is lower in Canada, though, so you could get away with lower bids. You might find differences in device performance and time of day, as well.

To answer your question, I believe Google takes the most granular location modifier and uses it, so they would not cancel out.  This article seems to support that but I can't seem to find anything more recent.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, this definitely answered my question!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Great! Happy to help!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks so much @Amy,
I have the same question and I'm running around this forum for a possible solution. An your answer clear it so much.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Glad I could help! Smiley Happy