AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Geo Location Overlaps - what happens when locations overlap?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all
Looking to target a small city A on the very edge of a large city B,  

Im hoping that if I exclude the main city B of 4 million peopleand it shows red along the city B boundaries,  and  even if that red outline covers my adjacent city A as defined by Google then if I ADD the small city A to be tageteted back into the filter as an Include that my ads WILL  still show in small city A

It is too difficult to otherwsie specifcially exclude every little suburb within the large city one by one of which there are many and they dont overlap well, and radius tool is also a bit too blunt for this task

Any other ideas or will this work

Im hoping that the heirachy of the filter will allow the ADD before the EXCLUDE 

Thank you 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew S
September 2015

Re: Geo Location Overlaps - what happens when locations overlap?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

What you are trying to do is a bit difficult, since Geo targeting in not perfect  in "near by" Geo areas. There will be most likely "overleaping", OR  users physically located in one area  will be shown in an "adjacent one",  (since their IP address is assigned to another  location)

Check this discussion on a similar case;

Accuracy of radius targeting

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’