Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Generating Leads from Youtube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hellow everyone,

I a running a Youtube Campaign and the resuls are not encouraging so far. My strategy is as follows:

Ran a Trueview Campaign. Generated good number of video views but 0 sales. I had included a call-to-action overlay in the videos but didn't worked.

Ran a Text & Static Image Ad InVideo. But for some reason it is simply not generating impressions at all. 

Not sure if Youtube is a good medium for direct response like Sales/Checkouts or is it only good as a branding medium?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author digitalnoob
September 2015

Re: Generating Leads from Youtube

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Welcome to the Community,

Here is my personal advice for obtaining direct response from youtube through 300 x 250 banners :

Try this targeting , youtube.com intersected with the Interests category "In market buyers (ROI)" and select from there some categories which fit your business. Set a frequency capping of 1 impression per month per user for a maximum reach of users. If a person does not like your offer and he/she sees the Ad 20 times, it is of no use to you.

Of course, other users can share what worked well for them too.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author digitalnoob
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Welcome to the Community,

Here is my personal advice for obtaining direct response from youtube through 300 x 250 banners :

Try this targeting , youtube.com intersected with the Interests category "In market buyers (ROI)" and select from there some categories which fit your business. Set a frequency capping of 1 impression per month per user for a maximum reach of users. If a person does not like your offer and he/she sees the Ad 20 times, it is of no use to you.

Of course, other users can share what worked well for them too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the great tip, will surely try it and share my results.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one more tip to share. You mentioned TrueView and call-to-action overlays. Since clicks on these are not available for the TrueView In-Stream video Ad , I supose you have used the In-Search or In-Display formats, or you have not chosen any format and went for the automatic selection.

I would advise choosing only the TrueView In-Stream format like in the picture below, just make sure that at step 3 you also deselect "Google Display Network" such as to restrict video Ads only to the youtube.com.

youtube-targeting-TRAP.png

Because in the True-View In-Stream format you pay only when people reach view at least 30 seconds (if the video is longer than 30 seconds) or the entire video (if it is shorter than 30 seconds) , it is very profitable. Also this Ad format can be configured to receive "clicks" anywhere on the video and a Display URL. The CTA overlay does not work in this format.

You can receive clicks even if the viewer did not spend 30 seconds on the Ad and my statistics show a CTR of 2% for this format. I even attempted to bid 2 cents per view for this format and got hundreds of unique viewers per day, this translated in a click cost of  1 $ per click. I also used a frequency capping of 1 per month per campaign so all viewers were unique ones.

If you make the first 5 seconds of the video to include a good benefit and call to action, all impressions become very useful, because for TrueView In-Stream users cannot skip the first 5 seconds.