1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

General dropping quality scores

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am seeing a dramatic daily drop in quality score generally over my entire set of keywords for the last two weeks without having made any significant changes to anything.

Every day they continue to drop.

Please help ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: General dropping quality scores

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Mandlbaur

With my personal experience I know quality scores of the keywords wont be same for long time,They do change and there can be lot of reasons for that, For a instance having a less CTR for long time can decrease your quality score in a keyword.

If you see a pattern of decreasing quality score you can use a tool like keyword planner and get some new keywords

Also have a look on below discussion, Might help you

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Is-5-10-the-new-average-Quality-Score/td-...

http://marketingland.com/googles-quality-score-change-what-marketers-need-to-know-54115

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Every time someone does a search, Google calculates the quality score, so it's normal to see change in quality score if you are doing something wrong. To know what are you doing wrong you should know what factors Google based on to calculate quality score and by improving these factors you can increase your quality score:

Your CTR
Quality of your landing page
The match between your keywords and ads
The match between your keywords and search terms
Historical performance of account

You can go through the next article to learn more about quality score:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have been on adwords for about five years and I monitor my QS closely. Two weeks ago I had eight keywords with a QS above 8 and about ten that were below 5. Today I have 2 with QS of 8 and above and about twenty five with a QS below 5. It has dropped every day.

Nothing has changed substantially.

I have been reading all the dope and optimising my site regarding landing page relevance etc. and making small improvements as well as using nibbler and site beam and page speed insights as well as other evaluation tools to improve my sites quality for years.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mandlbaur,

Can I ask you what other stats you are seeing dropping along with QS such as CTR, avg pos. etc?

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
What about CTR? .. CTR is the important factor of quality score!.. is there a drop of ctr?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no noticeable drop in CTR or avg pos since the beginning of this year although avg pos has begun rising since the last two days. Probably due to the drop in QS.