Guide Me
star_border

GSP campaigns

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am planning to create a GSP campaign with domains attribute. But i have a confussion here, how Google work with domains for GSP campaign? 

Mitthu Ghosh

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GSP campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mitthu,

If I'm not mistaken an account manager is needed for this process, I would think that they help you get set up.

Am I missing something here?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tommy,

My account is set up by Google team, but actually my confusion was how Google algorithm is work for domain targeting for GSP campaigns.

Mitthu Ghosh
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ShroffS (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Mitthu,

Let me help you with this. Domain targeting on GSP basically allows you to target users under your other targeting criteria's that have received mail from any of the domains that you are targeting.

Google basically crawls your inbox to identify the domains from which you have received an email and places you as an user under different domain buckets. The buckets would obviously overlap here, so you could be targeting the same user if he has received mails from your list of targeted domains.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Shashank,

It is really help me out for better understanding.

Mitthu Ghosh

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Mitthu,

Glad to be of help here.

If you need any other help on GSP, feel free to reach out to us here.

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank,

is there any option to link GSP account to Google analytics? And which targeting is better option for GSP campaigns?

Mitthu Ghos

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi Mitthu,

I never tried putting a GA code on my creatives purely because GA tracks website data and GSP creatives open in your GMail inbox, so I am not sure if GA will track any data on the creative. You can however put the GA code on your 'Thank You' or 'Landing Page' (if your creative does not have a form on it) and you can understand user behavior based on the stats recorded for your LP.

If you want to test this and you do manage to gather data on theh GSP creative, I will be most interested in it. I am 99% sure it wont work but still do keep us updated on this!

As far as the targeting option goes, I believe 'Domain' & 'Keyword' are your best bet if you are looking for relevant leads as they are the only ones that come close to a type of contextual targeting. Personally too, I have seen these two work for me. 'Jobs' targeting also helps narrow down your relevant audience. Do give this one a try too.

You can however, use the other targeting mediums to negate a set of audiences that you do not wish to target. For example, again use the 'Jobs' targeting method to negate any working professionals if you are targeting only students.

If you have been on the GSP interface, I believe you are aware of how easy it is to add targeting and add negatives as well to any campaigns.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mitthu G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hey Mitthu,

You cant add too much code to your GSP creatives. There are restrictions on the javascripts that can be put in the creative and GA code or any other tracking mostly works using javascripts... so that cant be used.
Also, generally tracking codes are domain specific.. since GSP opens up within the gmail interface.. you cannot track any data from here.

I agree with Shashank when he says Domain and Keyword targeting is a good option. These two have proved to work well for me as well.

Just another tip here if you are using domain targeting... what you can do is ensure that you have the right messaging... Since you know the exact domain you are targeting, you can have the right USPs highlighted in your creative. We have seen it work wonders for us!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Shashank?

I have a question, I want to use this targeting ( Jobs Targeting ) how can I do it & where ? shall I go For keywords targeting and place those keywords : engineer, marketer, general manager, doctor,.... ??

Same question for list of email : xxxx@gmail.com shall I place them in keywords level ?

Thanks a lot