2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

GDN and Remarketing inquiry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am managing GDN campaigns to spread awareness for a big event in the next October

One campaign targeting by interest, one by topics and the last one by placements

till now I am running it with a limited daily budget and max CPM

the questions :

- What will be the difference when I raise the max. CPM, will my display share by focusing in more interesting ad spaces in more popular and precious websites so I may have less impressions or what will happen, is it a good action or it is better to keep the max. CPM as long as I am satisfied with the average CPM 

- What are the best actions to optimize for the best performance, do I have to monitor the placements in the three campaigns and pick the highest performing websites and add them to a new managed placements campaign with the total budget and a higher max. CPM and pause the other campaigns or what should I do better.

- If we decided to run a campaign for reserving or filling a form of reservation, and there is a very low search volume because it is a new event, what is the best way, is it re-marketing people who showed interest, clicked the ads and visited the websites, and when is the best time to start building audiences lists and re-marketing,

or to just add some more layers to narrow the targeted audiences in my campaigns

I know that they are too many questions, thanks in advance and sorry for the headache Smiley Happy)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Raising the bid will  increase your changes of winning the auction on a given placement (website)  assuming there is sufficient budget. CPM competes with the CPC by calculating an "equivalent CPC". So, consider CPM in terms of equivalent CPC for winning  a slot  in the auction. 

Review the placement list and exclude irrelevant - no need to open a new campaign.

And, indeed Remarketing is the best approach to target users who show interest in the event and visit the site without completing a registration.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I mean sometimes when we raise the max. CPM we get lower traffic than before, is this because of the differences according to websites' popularity and value or this's not how it works.

and when do I have to start building my audiences lists and start re-marketing, after a specific number of impressions or interactions or there are no certain conditions.

So I can say that the best things to do for optimizing the CPM campaigns performance is to exclude the irrelevant placements, raising the budget and the max. CPM and leaving the structure as it is including the three campaigns I have mentioned.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Increasing the CPM should be accompanied  by increasing budget. If you don't increase budget, you may get a better position or a more popular placement, but the cost per CMP is higher. The increase in exposure might not be proportional to  a better position on a web page.

As for your follow up question, yes. Add users to the list that visit the site without any condition.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your helpful answer

but please one last thing, to setup the re-marketing tag, there is an option to use the analytics tag instead of Adwords tag, is it the same or it is different and I will not need the developer's help, and what would be the difference if I enabled the re-marketing option from Google Analytics 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Analytics tag is more comprehensive one and will allow you to  analyze a broader spectrum of visitors. AdWords is limited to traffic of users visited the site and then click on the ad. (Promoted traffic). If you are interested only in paid traffic, AdWords should suffice, and easier to install. If you wish to analyze  deeper - use Analytics.