2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

GDN Need to know potential websites/placements avg. CPC's

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! Is there a way for me to figure out what an average CPC would be for some of the websites I would be using for the Google Display Network. I am trying to pull this information together for one of our clients. I just need to know if they would be able to afford any of the CPC's from the targeted websites I chose. I set up the Display campaign and chose the websites. Let me know if you need more clarification. Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GDN Need to know potential websites/placements avg. CPC's

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Since CPC on display is * (literally) broad (actually, very broad.. ) and could vary from one page to another, on the same website, and furthermore, the bigger the banner the higher the cost - this information I find to be with a huge statistical variance, and not reliable for campaign cost estimation.

There are rules of thumb, but those are, as "reliable" as any other guess.

[Edited for clarification]

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

You can use the "Display Planner", it will provide you with placement ideas and estimates like CPC where you can use to benchmark how much to bid once you’ve selected an idea.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

To follow with Ahmed;

When I wrote "There are rules of thumb, but those are, as "reliable" as any other guess". I meant the display planner. I find the data provided to be  far, far away, from real costs.

Though I rephrase my other sentsene to "this data I find to be unreliable."

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’