Guide Me
star_border

Fresh Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords ppl,

I want to improve my Ads so what I do is:

I have a loooot of AdGroups and in every AdGroup I have 3 Ads.

After a few days (4-10) I change/update one Ad (with worst results) of that three  Ads for a new one and other two I just dont change. I repeat it every 4th - 10th day for each AdGroup.

Do you think that is a good way how to do it?

Is it enought time to judge which ad is better?

What is your way to have "fresh" ads?

Thanks,

Lukas

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Fresh Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi There;

If you want to make changes based on data, you need to run Adwords experiments by changing the ad copy;

The system will let you know when (differences) in performances are a statistically significance

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

In case I would use the experiment (50% control / 50% experiment),

my budget for the experimenet will be used for both  ads. control and experiment.

Why I should not just make a copy of my ad and see the difference?

My experience is if I add a new ad its cost is higher compared to ad which is running  for a few weeks.

how does the experiment can influenc the price

As I mentioned I run my "test" for 4-10 days. Longer test time is better but for that isnt time Smiley Happy

For how long time do you run your experiment?

- Lukas

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas;

A nice question;

• In case I would use the experiment (50% control / 50% experiment),
    my budget for the experiment will be used for both ads. control and experiment.- Correct; But if you have big enough traffic you can reduce the "experiment group" to 20% - 30% . The idea is to have enough traffic, so data can be statistically analyzed to show statistically significant performance;
  • Why I should not just make a copy of my ad and see the difference? You can. But make sure to rotate the ads evenly and that the differences in performances will be significant before you apply a change
  •  
  • My experience is if I add a new ad its cost is higher compared to ad which is running for a few weeks.
  • how does the experiment can influence the price: Remember - price requires is a keyword bid change ,you bid on a keyword - not on an ad.
  • As I mentioned I run my "test" for 4-10 days. Longer test time is better but for that isnt time  Smiley Happy
  • For how long time do you run your experiment? - Until there is enough data to show statistical significance in performances

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Remember - price requires is a keyword bid change ,you bid on a keyword - not on an ad.

Every Ad Group has its onw Ads and KW. 

Avg. CPC for an Ad in the Ad Group is based only on Avg CPC of used KWs?

If is so, I dont understand why CPC of a new Ad is higher even it use same KWs. 

Thank you

- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

When you add a new keyword, the QS given is based on other advertisers' QS for the same KW (based on exact match), Until the KW triggers 1000 impressions, Only then, there is enough impressions and statistics to evaluate a QS based on your campaign's performance.