AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Formula for First Page Bidding

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,
Is that possible to use a Formula for increasing the CPC bid according to First page bids. For example, my First page bid is Rs21.26 and my current CPC is Rs20, so the formula should increase my bid by Rs1.26.

Thanks
Puneet

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author puneetdceengg
September 2015

Re: Formula for First Page Bidding

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes you need 4 daily  rules.

1) For example At hour 06:00 I would decrease all values for MaxCPC for all selected keywords .This is needed because the next day if you have no competitors, your estimated values for top of page bid can be lower. To make sure that it always runs use for "requirement" a condition that is always true like MaxCPC >0 . Because you cannot tell it exactly to what value to make the decrease set a percentage of decrease and a condition for a minimum value .

lower-bids-in-the-morning.png

2) Then a rule that gets all the selected keywords up to the "estimated first page bid" or "estimated top page bid" . This would be the raise at hour 07:00 and it uses data for "estimated bid" from the same day.

raise-to-top-of-page-bid.png

3) The next rule you have to set up to run an hour later ( because you cannot control it to run after rule 2 in a sequence ) , and set the rule to increase the MaxCPC by 10 % if "Conversion 1 per click =0 ".

condition-keywords-without-conversions.png

4) The next rule is for converting words and can run at the same hour as rule 3 :

Raise MaxCPC by 30% if "Conversion 1 per click >=1 " . Select the time-frame where the automatic rule searches for a conversion, it can be lat 7 days or more .

condition-keywords-with-conversions.png

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Puneet,

You can use automated rules for this. Find more information in the link below.

Read under 'Raise bids to ensure ads show on the first page' under Bids and bid scheduling

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello.

Maybe flexible bidstrategy Target search page location automatically is something for you.
This adjusts bids to help you get your ads to the top of the page or the first page of search results.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Actually I don't want to give a max CPC, as it varies from keyword to keyword, so I want it should take that(First Page Bid Estimate) amount automatically or may be 10% more than that to sure my Ad presence.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Both the answers from Info and Elja offer what you want , an automatic change in all the MaxCPC values to match the first page bid or the top of page bid.

With automatic rules you have more flexibility and you can check the estimate every hour. For example you can raise the MaxCPC to 30% more than the top of page estimate for keywords with a history of at least 1 conversion and 10 % for the rest of the keywords.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adrian,
I tried implementing automated rules, but after Increasing keyword bids to top of page CPC, I am not getting any option to raise 10 or 30% more than top of page estimate. It's only giving option for Max. bid only.

Thanks

Puneet

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author puneetdceengg
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes you need 4 daily  rules.

1) For example At hour 06:00 I would decrease all values for MaxCPC for all selected keywords .This is needed because the next day if you have no competitors, your estimated values for top of page bid can be lower. To make sure that it always runs use for "requirement" a condition that is always true like MaxCPC >0 . Because you cannot tell it exactly to what value to make the decrease set a percentage of decrease and a condition for a minimum value .

lower-bids-in-the-morning.png

2) Then a rule that gets all the selected keywords up to the "estimated first page bid" or "estimated top page bid" . This would be the raise at hour 07:00 and it uses data for "estimated bid" from the same day.

raise-to-top-of-page-bid.png

3) The next rule you have to set up to run an hour later ( because you cannot control it to run after rule 2 in a sequence ) , and set the rule to increase the MaxCPC by 10 % if "Conversion 1 per click =0 ".

condition-keywords-without-conversions.png

4) The next rule is for converting words and can run at the same hour as rule 3 :

Raise MaxCPC by 30% if "Conversion 1 per click >=1 " . Select the time-frame where the automatic rule searches for a conversion, it can be lat 7 days or more .

condition-keywords-with-conversions.png