1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Foreign Search Terms when I've set language to English

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sometimes I get Spanish search queries even tough my language is set to English,

Any way to avoid the use of Spanish search terms other than creating negative search terms?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Foreign Search Terms when I've set language to English

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @brucegoogle;

This is a nice question; I have seen this also happening.

I have noticed  that this could happen when some "terms" from one language found themselves into  the other language (e.g. Spanish words used in English),  and commonly accepted among the "other language" speakers.

Another possible scenario I have noticed is in technical terms.

Could you shed some light on the queries and keywords in question?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Foreign Search Terms when I've set language to English

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Bruce, (wayne?)

Segmentation by language is not only reffered as google domain or location. This is probably due Spanish users that have set up their Google Account Preferences for English.

I guess that negative keywords is the right way to go. Just analyse if this worth the effort. I mean, if you have 1 impression and 1 click for a spanish search within a month, 2 months, 6 months...that's not representative. Now, if you have hundrerds of spanish terms with 1 click each, this could cost you a little bit, and then you should definitely take a look at that.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click