AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

For ETA description text, does title case perform better than sentence case?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

For the 80-character description text in ETAs, I've been using sentence case rather than title case (which I use for the headlines). I tested title case for one ad, but found that the sentence case version performed better. What has your experience been? Title case or sentence case?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Still in testing here and I'm finding a bit of a mixed bad. Title Case works for some and sentence case works better for others. There's really no rhyme or reason that I can see yet so I'm going to wait for more data before I decide that it really doesn't matter too much. 

I do however suspect that the ones that DO work better are the ones that are involved in auctions where the competitors are using the opposite case more frequently. If that is indeed proven to be the case (unfortunately, it will have to be checked manually and frequently), then I think adding both to the rotation and setting the serving method to "optimize for clicks" might be the best course of action here. 

Interested to hear others feedback on this too.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi 

From my results neither does matter. I guess some ads perform better just because and there is no way of explaining between title case of sentence case.

Regards,

zaby

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answers, guys! Looks like the answer is that it all comes down to testing. I think I'll run both versions and let Google pick whichever one performs better. It might just turn out that sentence case works better one week, and title case the next - for no apparent reason!