AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Focus on conversions (Conversion Optimizer) question

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Im trying to understand how Focus on conversions (Conversion Optimizer), target CPA (many-per-click) bidding works. I have CPA set at $3.50. My value of each conversion is $5. I also have 

Ad rotation Optimize for conversions: Show ads expected to provide more conversions set.

Here are my stats, see atached.

Why does Google keep allocation almost 90% of impressions/auctions to ad id 91135511956 that is clearly producing lower ROI(conv/cost) value instead of allocating these

impressions to ad id 91135511716 google optimization.pngwhich is best performing?

Re: Focus on conversions (Conversion Optimizer) question

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

google optimization.png

Reuploaded screen shot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Eric,

As visible from the screenshot, the ad with lower ROI is converting at cheaper cost than the ad with Higher ROI. Maybe you should change your bid strategy to Target ROAS so that more budget is used on ads with higher Return on Ad spend.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I am trying to increase overall dollar profit of the campaign.
If i recalculate the numbers assuming all impressions went to 91135511716 i get higher total profit.
Also, the ROI calculation includes the revenue and cost per click so the one with higher ROI should produce higher $ profit.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
For those who have been using conversion optimizer for a long time.
Do you manage (turn on/off ads, placements, keywords) manually as well on the same campaign or do you let optimizer take care of everything?