AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Final Url

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Can anyone help me to understand the use of Final URL. I am not understanding the exact use of final URL. 

I know its the rename of destination URL. That's clear to me. But what's its role in tracking? Because, before i have already seen the tracking value parameter option in adwords, and right now after final URL came that tracking parameter option is still available. then what is the use of Final URL in tracking. Please Clear me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Final Url

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Reenu,

The Final URL is the URL address of the page in your website that people reach when they click your ad.

The domain of the final URL needs to match the domain of your display URL and the final URL isn’t displayed on your ads (the URL shown is your display URL). The final URL is replacing the destination URL as part of a URL upgrade. For now, you can choose to use either a final URL or a destination URL as your landing page address. If you use tracking information, enter it in your tracking template. You may not use cross-domain redirects in your final URL.

Kathleen

Re: Final Url

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi KathleenG

Then how to track your Final url with tracking code?