AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Feedback on "Query --- Ad ---- Landing page" chain please

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Want to have some fun? Need some expert feedback please Smiley Happy 

We're bulk creating ads and landing pages for multiple clients (auto repair shops) using AdWords API. 

Ad copies and landing pages are pretty generic, i.e. look very alike from location to location. Because of the sheer amount of campaigns, ad copies and landing pages we had to come up with templates that fit it all.

Target radius 10 mi around shop location. Running during proper work hours. Location extensions on.

Usually sequence looks like that:

Typical user query: "where to radiator repair highlander 2002" or "radiator repair shops" (sometimes with location like "in Springfield").

Ad copy displayed:

--------------------------------------------------

Radiator Service/Repair

Springfields's Automotive Experts.

Call Us Now, We'll Help You!

mydomain.com/Radiator_Service

--------------------------------------------------

Landing page is generic as I said but uses some info from user's search query: please see attached image.

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 3.34.03 PM.png

So far our total conversion rate from query to a phone call is OK, but it feels like we're still missing something small but important

Would very much like to know what community thinks about our "routine", specifically about the end of it, i.e. Landing Page itself (I tried to present steps that lead to it just to give an idea how what brings user to LP)

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Feedback on "Query --- Ad ---- Landing page" chain plea

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dmitry;
I can only comment on the landing page (keywords account setting, etc..... are not accessible)

• Your fonts are too small;
  • I would recommend to highlight your service in bullets;
  • Make phone numbers more visible;
  • Offer a promotion for first time customers.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Moshe,
when you say "Make phone numbers more visible", do you refer to the location of the numbers? Font color? Size? Etc...?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Color and font size on the upper corner. (Where users usually intuitively look to find a phone #)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hm, good point. Thank you!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dmitry,

Agreeing to what Moshe has suggested here, I have some more points to share.

1) I would suggest you to have a precise content presentation on benefits to the customers and features or specialties of your shop.
2) Frankly speaking, a bulleted or tabulated form of content makes it easier for the reader to understand, acknowledge and act.
3) I would also suggest you to use small icons to give pictorial presentation of your key points

I hope this helps.

Kapil M

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
I would review and make decisions based on the actual data. Are you certain these low content dynamic pages actually perform better than a static landing page to a well developed website for that specific business?
Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Just FYI: after we changed to bulleted form, conversion dropped significantly. We reversed to previous version and all was good again.