Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Feedback on Landing Page Please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I completed a in-landing experiment recently on Google Analytics.

I sent the following pages: Products.html, free excerpts.html, index.html and aboutus.html pages for the in-landing page experiment. The "winning" page supposedly is Products Page.

The winning page has replaced all the other pages' links, why is that? Please help!

When my audience click on these other links they land on products pages in 4 different links.

Has anyone experienced this? What was your solution? I would appreciate any info on this issue.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Feedback on Landing Page Please

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Community users,

Anyone here can share their experiences with our friend Cessza G?

Thanks,
Mini

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

I'd like to help, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand your situation, Cessza G.

You ran an A/B test to figure out which landing page worked best for your campaign?  And you're saying that Page A performed best, and the system then changed all of your ad destination URLs to Page A?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Cessza,

I would like to help too as much as I can. I don't quite understand what you mean by in-landing experiment. I work on Google analytics frequently but haven't heard about this.

Are you saying that since the products page was a winner in your experiment it has replaced all other links. I am afraid but Analytics by itself cannot make any changes to your site. Please check if your team has made any sort of changes to your site structure.

Will be glad to help more if we get more information from you.
All the best!

KC
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cessza G
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It looks like you configured an Analaytics Content Experiment. This was not just an A/B test since you used 4 variations ( from the 5 allowed). We can read more from here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745147?hl=en&ref_topic=1745207

"Content Experiments is a somewhat different approach from either standard A/B or multivariate testing. Content Experiments is more A/B/N. You're not testing just two versions of a page as in A/B testing, and you're not testing various combinations of components on a single page as in multivariate testing. Instead, you are testing up to five full versions of a single page, each delivered to visitors from a separate URL."

Usually the experiment just does reporting :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745154?hl=en

"Experiments can run up to three months. If, however, there is one page that is clearly outperforming the others, the experiment stops early. After your experiment ends, all visitors see the original page until you replace it."

However it looks like it presented you the opportunity to select the best performing page and somebody selected it :

"

4. Evaluating Your Experiment and Deciding how to Respond

If your experiment has a page that is clearly better than the others, the obvious response is to replace the original page with the one that performs better."

I would advise to further post your question in the analytics forum , here are some links written by people who tried this feature :

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/analytics/content$20experiment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, when I click on the "free excerpts" page it redirects to products page, and the rest of the other pages which were sent for the experiment only. I decided to remove these links on my site structure and in the server until I find a solution. However, these links still show up on Google cache. I am the webmaster for my website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think that's what happened -- someone ( in Google analytics) replaced the other pages with the main (winning) page. Not only one page all 3 of other links were replaced. My issue is, What do I do to retrieve the information on these other links since the products redirects to their links? (I am my website webmaster). Is removing the links a solution?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If it doesn't get solved in the Analytics forum either, try giving google a call, they can access your acount and sort it out by tracking the changes. Here is the contact page :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Thank you, Adrian B. I have sent a complaint form to Google Analytics as
you advised.