1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Feedback: Match type selecti option in the online keyword tool

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I think it will be nice if we can get an option to add match type in the online keyword suggest tool.  An option to select match type, maybe. Currently one has to format the match type by manually adding quotes " " , + sign or square brackets [ ]. http://screencast.com/t/YPVAtSSxq

I feel there should be an option to change match type without manual formatting. Maybe another column can be added to select match type of each keyword or change match type of all new terms at once.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Feedback: Match type selecti option in the online keyword tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chetan,

There are a couple of ways to change the match type once you have added the keywords - firstly, you can select all newly added keywords and then under the edit button there is an option to change the match types (doesn't work for BMM)

You can also make bulk changes using the AdWords Editor tool - this is an easy way to make the changes, but again, you can't add BMM with a single click.

since I am a big fan of BMM, the way I tend to work is I use the keyword suggestion tool to add the keywords to the "selected" box and then copy/paste them all into Adwords Editior - then I use the find/replace option to add the "+" to the words I want to make sure have the + appended - that I can either copy/past back or add them directly to the campaign and upload from there.

I have also done this using Excel - but there is a problem when you add the "+" - Excel (understandably) thinks the cell is not an equation - and it can get messy....

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Steve. Yeah, I like the edit option. I just feel that it's one more additional step and would also delete the initial keyword that we added when match type is changed. I love BMM too and use this handy tool http://tools.acquisio.com/AdwordsBroadKwConverter/index.php

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
you may also try the "CONCATENATE" formula in excel. Using this the excel sheet accept the + sign as prefix.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Nice.... thanks, Archit