AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Fastest Ways to Raise Quality Score Other Than Raising CTR

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The reason I say "Other than CTR" because in my opinion raising CTR, while it may be good for Google's revenue, can also raise CPA.  Anyone can rewrite their ad wording to be more enticing, casting a wider net and producing more click-thrus but at a higher cost per conversion.

So I'm wondering, relative to each other, how these techniques stack up as far as improving (and/or reseting) quality score?  

1. Pause existing campaign and create a brand new campaign with the same keywords.  I doubt this "resets" quality score, but would differences in the campaign settings (say location targeting) effect how much the quality score is reset for the keywords?  Would the QS reset be more pronounced the more settings that are different, say the old campaign didn't have sitelinks, callouts, etc and the new campaign does.  Or does the QS never reset no matter what?

2. On-page optimization of the landing page: Insure that the page title, <h1> heading, image alt tags, and text has the exact match of the keyword in it.  My guess is this is the least important factor you can control as far as QS.

3. Ad wording: Insure your keyword is in the title of the ad.  I would also guess putting the keyword in the display url path1 and path2 helps but probably very minor.  This means you need to have ad groups organzied tightly around keyword groups.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Here you are: a summary by Google of all methods;

Settling the (Quality) Score

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Theoretically, if you improve your QS, your CPCs should be lower.  I've had this happen multiple occasions when you increase your CTR, you actually get lower CPAs, however I've also seen this not work in rare occasions.  Your best bet is the test to see which bucket you would fall into.