AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Fake or Automated Clicks in my Campaigns ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I have analyze search term report every week to find relevant and irrelevant keywords. The issue is that some keywords is very very irrelevant and very long term i think these are fake or automated clicks and that happens every week. I see 3-4 keywords with different variations every week. So any idea what is going on with my account please let me ? and also suggest me solution for this issue. My Campaigns keywords match type is Phrase.  

Each Keyword have following metrics:

Clicks - 1

Impr. - 1

CTR - 100%

Keywords:

1. chevrolet silverado 2014 chevrolet silverado 2500hd lt duramax diesel 4x4 vancouver greater vancouver area cars &amp vehicles ca
2. chevrolet silverado 2500 hd ac delco egr vacuum solenoid direct fit egr vacuum solenoid egr vacuum solenoid
3. chevrolet corvette ebc gd sport front brake disc cast iron dimpled and slotted direct fit slotted disc brake rotors brake disc
4. 0 votes try this http www chevy camaro com chevy camaro vin decode third gen asp answered aug 22 2012 by blue89irocz 1960 points

Thanks,

Pavan

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Fake or Automated Clicks in my Campaigns ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pavan R;

Broad match keywords have an endless list of synonyms which can be matched to a search query.

Form your questions, it seems to me that the case is the keyword match types, and not invalid clicks.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Pavan,

For the Phrase match type keywords, you should understand that AdWords system is going to target phrases and the close variations to them as well based on what keywords you are bidding upon.

In case you feel like long keywords are not relevant to what you are targeting, try adding more restrictive match type i.e. exact match type and see what happens. The idea is to keep experimenting and finding the real niche.

Google uses sophisticated tools and techniques to take care of invalid clicks. In case AdWords support identify the clicks, they credit the amount back into the advertisers' account. Still if you feel something wrong happening, you can ask for click investigation:- https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?hl=en

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
These look like search terms from the Google Search Partners segment. In this case to avoid them you can disable Search Partners from your campaign .

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your response but other thing is that no one search this type of very long and invalid keywords. Please also see keywords metrics.

My Question is:

1. Does user interested to type or search this type of very long and invalid keyword ?

Each Keyword have following metrics:

Clicks - 1

Impr. - 1

CTR - 100%

Thanks,

Pavan

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Same issue again. I am waiting for solution.

Keyword:

1. www toyota tundra australia 4x4 2015sydneycitytoyota com au utm_source google&utm_medium cpc&utm_campaign dealer_sem&utm_keyword

Keyword have following metrics:

Clicks - 1

Impr. - 1

CTR - 100%

Thanks,

Pavan