AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Fail: Why can't I sell "belgian chocolates" outside of Belgium?!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is driving me crazy.

I want to sell Belgian Chocolates to people who ARE NOT IN BELGIUM.

But adwords says my ads are not showing due to a location conflict.

"The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show. Location: Belgium" -- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453995?hl=en&authuser=0

How do I fix this? People in Belgium don't need to buy chocolates online because they can just go down the street to a chocolatier.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Belgium Chocolates" Visible ONLY to People Outside of B

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
PS. yes. I have specified target cities and EXCLUDED Belgium in location settings but i still get this error.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi there,

I think this is probably due to your advanced location targets. The default is to exclude people searching for or showing interest in locations outside of your targeted locations. In this case, AdWords is interpreting 'Belgium' in your keywords to be a geo-modifier: in other words, Google thinks those people are searching with Belgium intent and your settings say to exclude that. You should go to the advanced location settings and update that setting. However, once you do that, I would suggest adding a lot of location exclusions and keeping an eye on your Geographic/SQR to continually add exclusions and negatives.

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Korean Japanese Chinese T

Hmm...
There is an issue of accuracy in  location targeting  in some countries in Europe (due to old telecom infrastructure). But I think the issue is with the settings

Are you targeting the whole country or specific cities?

How advanced targeting options are set?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’