3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Extra Mile: Empowering Client Reports

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

1. When I was a newbie, I was simply downloading the reports ( gathering relevant  campaign metrics ) + applying a generic rule of thumb by inserting tips to have a successful campaign.

2. However, I came to realize that every campaign has a unique set of strengths and areas of improvement.

Numbers tell you upfront if its working or not especially if you have conversion tracking.

Since then, I go the extra mile & treat every campaign as my challenges & to surpass every roadblock, i need to get involve & look on the bright side of what else can be done to 

*eliminate unwanted search

*zero out missed impressions due to budget

*experiment strategies to have cheaper cost per click

and of course *aim for QUALITY TRAFFIC

Can you please share how do you empower your client reports?

Do you apply SWOT Analysis?

More Power,

Loraine

More Power,
Loraine
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LoraineQuiaoit
September 2015

Re: Extra Mile: Empowering Client Reports

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Loraine

I often come across really profound stuff when it comes to "client reporting", SEM professionals letting their heart out establishing a list of best practices,use of excel functions,what they do,what can be done etc etc..

I often wonder if the clients actually value these profound efforts which are put in framing reports ( I find it a big waste of time when the person who reads them is the "client" to be frank). 

All they want is the mutually discussed output. The client doesn't know or give a **bleep** what lies in the report,all he trusts or care about is the numbers which value to him. If he had such deep knowledge about the metrics and stats or time,he would very well do the stuff himself. 

Reports are justified when you share data with people having equal or more knowledge than you do..then you come out with conclusions,ideas and finally results..Take 3 SEM professionals working in a team..A report would be so much meaningful when shared among these 3 people rather than a 4 person who hardly cares apart from the results!

The maximum a report could be used for a client, is to back your advertising projections..but that too in a very simple manner.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LoraineQuiaoit
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi LoraineQuiaoit;

SWOT is a time consumingת and quite an expensive process if done properly. Thus,  a full SWOT is hard to carry out when there are times where a client desires  to launch a campaign in a matter of hours.

However, when doing the background research, before starting to work on the campaign, I do go  with the clients on the highlights of his business SWOT.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree, this is an eye opener ! It moved me really. Moving onwards, I will suggest this idea to our team . Reporting is standard, but a mutually discussed output is what the real market needs. Sometimes, you have to take this step backwards & see if your traditional way still works. Thank you everyone(*-*.)

More Power,
Loraine