AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Extended headline not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up most of my ads to run with extended headlines.

However, even when my ad is in top position and there is a period (.) at the end of Desc. Line 1 only the headline is appearing, followed by my sites domain name.

I think this is hampering my CTRs as we are an affiliate site.

It doesn't happen every time the ad is served. A lot of the time the extended headline feature works as normal.

Has anyone else seen this before? Or know of a way to make the extended headline work 100% of the time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Odhran C
September 2015

Re: Extended headline not working

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Unfortunately It will not work 100% of the time and depends on other advertisers and the individual search terms.

Google say this…
While only some ads will be shown with the longer headline, you can increase your chances by ensuring that
each line of your ad appears to be a distinct sentence and ends in the proper punctuation (e.g., a period or a question mark).
Since this is a global change, punctuation will vary by country.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Odhran C
September 2015

Re: Extended headline not working

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Unfortunately It will not work 100% of the time and depends on other advertisers and the individual search terms.

Google say this…
While only some ads will be shown with the longer headline, you can increase your chances by ensuring that
each line of your ad appears to be a distinct sentence and ends in the proper punctuation (e.g., a period or a question mark).
Since this is a global change, punctuation will vary by country.