Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Extended Headlines for Mobile Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just wanted to know what everyone's experience was with Mobile extended headlines? 

With the extended headline feature on mobile, is it always the case that punctuation might limit where the break is on the first description line or where a natural pause would be?

I know its not easy to track, but ultimately is it worth including 'mobile' in line 1 or 2 vs a discount/ sale message, which would be in the alternative description line.

I think the discount is the stronger call to action/ encourage to be in the headline over a mobile friendly site, but thought I would see if anyone has experienced anything different?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts Smiley Happy 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard H
September 2015

Re: Extended Headlines for Mobile Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Richard,

Elongated headline is based on punctuation, not a as per natural pause where it is required and hence I'd suggest using discounts over mobile friendly. Discounts are a better CTA over mobile friendly as you said. Moreover, mobile compatibility is a function of the website which comes into play after a click, but CTAs could be best used to attract clicks and hence I'd suggest discounts over mobile friendly.

Hope that helps.

Good luck,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar