Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Expend the number of unic visitors through frequency capping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to expend the amount a unic visitor on my campain thanks to a low frequency capping. It looks to me quite intuitive that a low capping will produce this effect, but i can t find any demonstration or proof that it will work this way. 

Is their any documentation or previous campagne results that might help me to get more confident regarding that process?

Thank you

Have a good day

Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to precise that i want it to be efficient during a fixed period so is it worth to set up a low frequency capping in order to higher the amount of unic viewer of my campain beteween the 1rst and the 24th of December for instance?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords search campaigns default to delivering ads evenly throughout the day, so the daily ad spend budget is not exhausted early in the day. 

If you want to maximize ad delivery in order to capitalize on anticipated traffic surges, that may likely occur at specific points during the day (e.g. peak shopping hours) then there are two things you can do:

1) Set your ad delivery to "Accelerated Delivery", vs the standard "show evenly". 

2) Increase your daily ad spend. 

Usually it's not beneficial to utilize accelerated delivery, but there are exceptions to the rule. 

hth

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

I don't agree that this would increase the number of unique visitors to your site. That makes a number of assumptions about your audience that may or may not be true. Here are a couple examples.

First assumption, users will click on the first appearance of your ad and not on additional impressions. Not necessarily true, users may need to see your ad a number of times before clicking.

Second assumption: frequency capping is a daily measure, so no reason to think a user who clicked on your ad today won't click on it again tomorrow. That could result in a higher unique visitor count for each day, but it's actually a returning visit.

I'd recommend looking at other metrics. Is the campaign profitable for you? Is the conversion rate good? Is the CTR good? You might want to experiment with the frequency capping to see if adjustments will improve your campaign. In the end, the only way to answer some questions like this is to test.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete

Thank you very much for your answer it's really clear and I am surely going to test this but I would like to understand what frequency capping really act on and how it does that; so I can take more relevant decisions regarding that option. We tested our campaign and thoses tests showed that if a user is likely to click on the ad, he will certainly click before having seen more than 5 ads (in most of the cases). Knowing that, I concider as a waste the payment of additionnal ads showed to a user that has already seen 5 of them. So if I payed for a certain amount of ads, I would like a freq capp set up at 5 and I want users that have not already seen 5 of my ads to be more likely to reach that number. Am I correct?

Sam