Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Expanded Image Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Friends,

Can anyone know about Googles new ads feature i.e Expanded Image Ads. 

if you have any idea about this please share.

Regards,

Akash  S.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akash S
May 2017

Expanded Image Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Akash,

I think I know what you mean with the Image Ads.

I haven't seen them on AdWords yet but they are being tested on Bing at the moment.

The way I understand it, it almost works like sitelinks just with Images instead of text.

You can bascially upload your ad the "normal" way but then add the Image Extensions where you can choose different Images that describe or show what you are selling. Additionally you can also add text to the images.

I think its a great feature especially if you want text ads to be more dominant compared to shopping ads.

And it also allows you to take up quite a lot of space on search results which makes you stand out more.

Goolge doesnt have this feature yet, but I am sure it wont be too long till there might be a beta.

Regards,

Nico

View solution in original post

Expanded Image Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Akash,

Are you talking about Responsive ads? If so, you can see more info here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6363750?hl=en

Best,

John

Expanded Image Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No John, I'm taking about Google's new feature Expanded Image Ads.

its in Beta mode now! 

Re: Expanded Image Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No.

Expanded Image Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Akash, google stopped standard text Ads from Jan 2017 and introduced expanded text Ads before stopping Standard text Ads. What's new in expanded text Ad is The Character's limitation is increased. And Two Head Lines Separated By - Headline 1 has 30  characters limit and headline 2 has the Same. Here Display Url became Path. And Description Character length also increased to 80 Characters. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Druve, but Im not taking about expanded text ads. I need a
information about expanded image ads.

Regards,
Akash S.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Akash,

Can you explain more about the ad type you want. There is no expanded image ad.

There are "dynamic responsive ads."

Dynamic responsive ads effortlessly drive the best performance possible. Advertisers using Dynamic Responsive ads see on average 12% more conversions and 17% increase in spend (at a minor 3% CPA increase) compared to their legacy dynamic remarketing ads. They're also future proof - as new industry trends emerge around designs or formats, Google automatically experiments with adding these elements to the ad template to deliver an optimal performance. 

Please provide in detail what you are referring to as an expanded image ad and we will be happy to assist further. 

Kind Regards,

James

Expanded Image Ads

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Akash S,

I think you are talking about Google new ads campaign call - Smart Display Ads. It has announced by Google on  April 20, 2017. You can check more details about it here:

https://adwords.googleblog.com/2017/04/introducing-smart-display-campaigns.html

Google use automated techniques for optimizing this campaign means you not need to do anything for getting conversions; Google will do itself all things. These 3 tasks performed by Google in smart Image Ads Campaign:

Automated bidding

Automated targeting

Automated ad creation

Expanded Image Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Akash S

An expanding creative is an ad with two sizes, an initially collapsed size and an expanded size.

The smaller collapsed size fits within a standard ad placement on a website, while the larger size appears to expand outside the collapsed size. The ad can expand automatically or when a user clicks or rolls over, and you can control that setting when you build the creative.

I think you are talking about this feature.

Thanks,

Aslam

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akash S
May 2017

Expanded Image Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Akash,

I think I know what you mean with the Image Ads.

I haven't seen them on AdWords yet but they are being tested on Bing at the moment.

The way I understand it, it almost works like sitelinks just with Images instead of text.

You can bascially upload your ad the "normal" way but then add the Image Extensions where you can choose different Images that describe or show what you are selling. Additionally you can also add text to the images.

I think its a great feature especially if you want text ads to be more dominant compared to shopping ads.

And it also allows you to take up quite a lot of space on search results which makes you stand out more.

Goolge doesnt have this feature yet, but I am sure it wont be too long till there might be a beta.

Regards,

Nico